Residential Real Estate
Buying and selling a home is an exciting time, but it can also be overwhelming. Our specialist residential property solicitors will help take the stress out of the process by keeping you updated regularly and supporting you throughout.
We will take care of all the work required to complete the purchase or sale of your new home. Our residential property solicitors will handle the contracts, give legal advice, carry out all the necessary searches and deal with the registration at the Land Registry. We will arrange the payment of Stamp Duty Land Tax if the property is in England, or Land Transaction Tax (Land Tax) if the property you wish to buy is in Wales, and transfer the funds to pay for your property.
Our fees for acting on the sale or purchase of your home will be 0.5% of the sale/purchase price plus VAT and disbursements, subject to a minimum charge of
£1,500 plus VAT.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties such as Land Registry fees. Our residential property solicitors will handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smooth process.
On a purchase, you will incur the following disbursements:
- Search fees £350 – £500 (approx.)
- HM Land Registry fees will depend on the value of the transaction. Details of fees can be found here.
- Notice of Transfer (leasehold properties only) £50 – £200 plus VAT (approx.)
- Stamp Duty Land Tax depends on the purchase price of your property. You can calculate the amount you will need to pay by using HMRC’s website or if the property is located in Wales by using the Welsh Revenue Authority’s website.
* Our fee assumes
- this is a standard transaction and that no unforeseen matters arise including for example (but not limited to) a defect in title which requires remedying prior to completion or the preparation of additional documents ancillary to the main transaction
- this is a freehold property or the assignment of an existing lease and is not the grant of a new lease
- the transaction is concluded in a timely manner and no unforeseen complication arise
- all parties to the transaction are co-operative and there is no unreasonable delay from third parties providing documentation